Sunday, June 2, 2013

Post workout tuna wrap




My today's recipe was inspired by video above which my friends recommend me (thanks Ania&Dan!!). On video you can find Rob Riches, English bodybuilder and fitness model. He has really good meal ideas, so take a time and check this guy out if you're interested in healthy cooking :)


For my version of tuna wrap I used (6 wraps):
* 6 spelt soft tortillas (Norwegian spelt lomper)
* 2 cans of tuna in water
* 2 spoons of light mayo
* salt, pepper, other spices of choice
* canned pineapple 
* optional cheese (I won't use it in my wrap, only in my men's wrap)
main source of protein in this meal - canned tuna (in water)



Preparation:
Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees (or use grill, like in the video - unless you have one)
Prepare tuna: take it from can, spice and add 2 spoons of mayo. Mix it to get a paste consistency.
Put tuna paste on tortillas, add few particles of pineapple. 
Roll tortillas and put them into oven for 10 minutes.

if you have bigger calories consumption per day than me, you can add cheese as well

Why it is best for post workout? 
Because this recipe is both rich in carbs and protein. Carbs are from two sources - pineapple (quick carbs) and from spelt lompers (low digested carbs from spelt). Perfect combination for your muscles after hard workout. You get also lean source of protein from tuna.
Other thing is that it is very easy to prepare. So you won't use much time once you're after workout and want to grab something to eat.


Nutrition fact for 2 wraps:
Calories: 219 kcal
Protein: 17,4g
Carbohydrates: 27g
Fat: 3,6g


It seems not much like for post workout meal, but I had my protein shake and 2 rice cakes right after gym too :)



No comments:

Post a Comment