Friday, March 22, 2013

My daily supplements: magnesium and BCAA

After beginning series of articles about supplements with one about Omega 3, I would like to write a little about other two supplements which I take daily (magesium) and on training days (BCAA).


Magnesium is a mineral which is essential for thousands of chemical reactions occurring in our bodies, keeping out heart rhythm steady and keep our bones strong. If you are exercising often and drinking lots of coffee, you probably experience lack of magnesium which results in trembling muscles ;)

I take my daily dose of magnesium together with vitamin D. You can consider supplementing magnesium together with cink and vitamn B (ZMA). This combination is said to help the best to those who train actively.
I use BCAA from MyRevlution with orangeade taste :)

BCAA is other supplement I take very often, but only when training. Branched chain amino acids has anabolic properties (prevent muscles from 'burning out' during workout and resting times) and enhance performance. 

BCAA of protein powders?

Any good protein powders has BCAA in it. BCAA though has no or very little calories. If you are on a diet and you want to lose fat, not muscles, try BCAA then. Spare calories for some real meal with real protein sources. 
That doesn't mean that I am not a fan of protein supplements, I will write about them soon :)


3 comments:

  1. Branched chain amino acids Supplements has anabolic properties (prevent muscles from 'burning out' during workout and resting times) and enhance performance. This is the main reason why I take BCAA supplements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. bcaa powder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embarrassed to see a doctor? Well, the tribulus terrestries supplement is designed exclusively to help you achieve free natural testosterone right in the privacy of your own home. Visit testosteroneofficial.com for detailed tribulus terrestries review. testosterone official site

    ReplyDelete