Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Zumba & strength training


Today I went on a Zumba class! I always try to find some easier classes in day's where I am resting from my weight training. Zumba is a great solution here! Latino sounds and moves will get everybody smile! It is a very feminine class, in my opion. Where are using hips, chest and moving very sensual :)

Zumba - good for beginners

For some, it might be a good start if you are not familiar with fitness club and your endurance is not on the highest level. You can choose Zumba for a good fat burning, low intensive workout which will benefit to all of your body. If you want to move all your muscles, know better your bodies capabilities, it might ba a training for you!  


But what I just wrote does not mean that Zumba is not an effective training - it all depends on how hard will YOU train! :) You can burn thousands of calories during it! Just exaggerate all moves which ou are doing, jump higher, run longer, move that hip and hand aggressive! 


Strength training afterwards 

After 60 minutes of Zumba I had my own class - MRRL - Magen/Ryggen/Rumpa/Lår which is a strenght training for all women problematic parts - belly, butt, thighs and back
I do not consider this training as a part of my weight workout. It is less intensive in load and have much more repetitions than I do by my own at the gym. However, it is a great circuit training for all over the body! 

We did:
* push-ups ( even though it is a strength training for lower parts of the body I like to incorporate some exercises which benefits to upper body too
triceps push up - with hands closer to center than in normal push up

* triceps push-ups
* squats
* lunges
* lying leg adduction

lying hip extension - great exercise for glutes
* hip raises / lying hip extension
donkey kick - very important is to keep back always in line (do not bend it to much!)

* donkey kick 
* crunches
* crunches to side
* reverse crunch 
* crunch with dumbbell 
Russian oblique twist exercise
* russian oblique twist with dumbbell
* back extensions
variations of superman exercise
* superman
* plank
* side plank

16 exercises in 45 minutes! :) That was intensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment