Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pasta with red souse

Whole grain pasta with red tomato&meat souse
The simpler, the better today.
For dinner I served whole grain pasta with red souse.

I cooked pasta and at the same time I started meat preparation.

Minced pork meat with 9% of fat

I always try to choose meat where is less than 10% of fat. I put minced pork meat into a pan and boiled together with chopped tomatoes (from a can). I spiced meat with pepper and herbs mix which I bought today, onion powder, garlic and salt. 

Champignons compose great with (almost) each kind of souse

Then I added chopped champignons. Champignons are great complement of each pasta souse I do - practically they have no calories, they fix with almost every dish and are giving more volume to everything you cook. 

Paprika is for me, next to champignons, is a versatile food ingredient

Beside champignons I added also chopped paprika and two spoons of tomato purée. 

2 spoons of tomato puree will give the souse rich tomato flavour

I cooked everything in a pan for about 20 minutes and served it with light cheese on the top.

Light cheese finished the dish :)
I served pasta with light cheese on top. Always try to find a healthier/cleaner version of the ingredient you like :)






No comments:

Post a Comment