Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pomegranate


Thanks to my work colleague (thanks Istvan!) I have a chance to try another exotic fruit (right after sharon fruit). This time that was pomegranate.
Of course in the restaurant, I have try it many times, as well as drinking pomegranate juices and so on. However, I didn't eat it independently, always as a ingredient of bigger dish.

There are to types of pomegranate - brighter and darker version. This one is brighter and has seeds which are easier in consumption.

Pomegranate fruit is apple shape and size, but has a thick crust. Now there are more and more researches which says that pomegranate is a super-fruit - that mean that beside taste it provides many other benefits for our body. It is rich in vitamins, organic acids and iron. 


Pomegranate juice if rich in polyphenols - powerful antioxidants naturally occurs in plants. Consumption of polyphenols-rich products slows ageing process and increases body's immunity. What is more, consuming pomegranate reduce risk of atherosclerosis and helps keeping cholesterol level under control.

Pomegranate seeds - only 66 kcal in 100 grams


I have to admit that I was shocked how many benefits can bring consuming of pomegranate! For sure I will try to incorporate more pomegranate fruits into my daily life!

Pomegranate seeds looks amazing in every dish you serve them with :)

I started with delicious morning oats covered by pomegranate seeds. 

Sunday's breakfast - oats, protein powder, nuts mix and pomegranate seeds.
And some video-tip for all those who has problems with getting our pomegranate seeds ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment