Monday, November 11, 2013

Hello squash!

If it comes to food choices, go for seasonal vegetables and fruits. Late autumn is perfect time for wonderful squashes and tasty brussels sprouts.

my little squash collection ;)

For recent weeks I try different types of winter squashes. Rich in beta caroten, vitamins and minerals, squashes are perfect way to add some variation for your diet. 


My personal favourite is kabocha squash which I chop and boil. The great thing about kabocha is that you can eat it with the skin, so it means less work for you. 35kcal per 100g and  8.2g carbs makes kabocha a perfect source of carbohydrates :)
Another favourite is butternut squash, but its preparation takes a little more time.
I can wait to check out spaghetti squash!

an inside of spaghetti squash

No comments:

Post a Comment