Friday, November 30, 2012

Spinach pancakes

I am presenting another idea of using spinach for those who are not actually a spinach fan (for example me;)).

spinach fluffy pancakes

I always try to use spinach as a ingredient, it brings me some volume and vitamins til dishes, but you don't exactly fell it - and that is all the secret! ;) 
Today I am presenting spinach pancakes, previous recipes was about spinach meatballs and tarta

For 10 small pancakes you will need:

I am using whole grain flour, you can replace it with rice/soya/almond flour
* 5 tablespoons of whole grain flour

This chopped frozen spinach is very easy to use - only thing you have to do is to defrost it

* a bowl of defrosted spinach 
* 1 egg
* pinch of salt
* 1 teaspoon of baking powder

* half a cup of water



It might not look tasty, but in the en it will be ;)

Mix ingredients all together and heat the pan with some frying oil on it.

You can form normal sized pancakes, but then it is better to omit using baking powder (it makes dough more fluffy)

Form small pancakes in the pan and fry them about 2-3 minutes on each side.


And that is it! Wonderwing how to serve this kind of pancakes? I put a filet chicken breast on it and covered it with other pancakes that in result I had a pancake-sandwich :)

No comments:

Post a Comment