Thursday, November 14, 2013

Diet spaghetti


diet spaghetti - half of calories, full of good carbs and protein
Today I tried to prepare diet spaghetti :) How I turn that dish into healthier option? I used sphagetti squash instead of regular pasta.
As I mentioned in previous post, I have a little winter squash obsession those days. Checking out spaghetti squash was next on my kitchen wish list.

raw spaghetti squash

How to prepare diet spaghetti?



half squash and take out seeds (use spoon)

Half squash and take out seeds.
Put two halves on baking paper and make some holes with knife.

put squash on baking paper and make little holes with knife

Bake 30-40 minutes in max temperature in the oven until squash is soft.


inside of prepared squash goes very easy out, you need only fork

In a meantime prepare meat. I used extra lean pork meat (less than 5% fat). I basically fry it on a teflon pan with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. 
Then I added canned tomatoes and lots of tomato puree. I boiled everything together until I got great souse consistency.



half of calories, yummy taste
Serve spaghetti squash with meat in tomato souse or serve half of regular pasta portion and fill the dish with squash.
Enjoy your low carb dish! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment