Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Spinach meatballs



 I'm not a fan of spinach (although I like fresh spinach salad), so I was looking for some solution to incorporate it to my diet. I used spinach in meatballs below, but you can't actually feel it some much in them. However, you get the full nutrition&benefits from it. Perfect example of cheating ;)


I used:
- 600 g minced meat (poultry or beef)
- a cup of defrosted spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 spoon of ground flaxseed
- salt, paper, garlic and onion (or other spices to taste)



Mixed ingredients, form 12 round-shaped balls and fry them in the pan. I'm using Fry light and always try to fry only to get cohesive consistence, not longer. After few minutes put form with  meatballs to the oven for next 20-30 minutes. 


I served meatballs with baked potatos, brokkoli and swede mash (kålrotmos from Kristine Weber recipe: http://www.kriweb.no/2012/07/29/bakside-skuldre-og-kalrabigrateng)



 
Done! Simple&nourishing!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment