Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today's 4 training sessions

Hello 10 kg barbell!

It is one of these days which are physically demanding. I had 4 (four!) training session today:

* begin with choreography training in the aerobic sal (30 min.)
* did my weight training (shoulders day) (30 min.)
* take an aerobic class (60 min.)
* take a yoga class (60 min.)

Just to let you know, I do not recommend that long and demanding training for everyone. My job required two of these activities today (choreography training and aerobic class). With a 'normal' training routine there should be only weight training, eventually followed by some cardio.

However - I am tired but very satisfied with this training day! I burned 720 calories in 3 hours.

Training


Today's shoulders training contained of:


* dumbell shoulder press 3x12 4kg
   superset 1x20 3kg

* barbell upright row (my favourites shoulders exercise!) 3x12 10 kg 
   superset 1x25 6kg


* seated rear lateral raise 3x12 4kg

  

* arnold press 3x12 4kg
   superset 1x20 3kg

These arms might hurt tomorrow ;)

Four exercises for stronger and toned shoulders! :)

Food


Nutrition is crucial in such days like this one. Body has to have fuel and energy though! 

Today's lunch omelette with light cheese&ham, toast with smoked salmon, spinach and paprika

Today there was a time for a wonderful lunch at home. I prepared omelette from 1 egg and 2 egg whites with light cheese and ham. On a side I had a toast with smoked salmon, fresh baby spinach and paprika.

Pre-workout meal (instead of dinner today) - oats, yoghurt, pear, seeds

1,5 hour before training I ate well balanced meal which contains whole grain carbs, lean proteins and fats.
In this case it was oatmeal with light Kesam (something between yoghurt and homogenised cheese) with scoop of protein powder (for taste), PB2 (powdered peanut butter), pear and sunflower&pumpkin seeds.


My BCAA set ;) This particular one was bought in Poland.

BCAA (branched chain amino acids) before training and... I am ready to rock!

And what the hell is BCAA?


BCAAs are are the essential aminos leucine, isoleucine, and valine. It is a large topic to write about, but shortly - it prevents muscles from catabolism, enhancing performance and also helps in fat loss (only with right fat loss diet and exercises). 
Summing up - it preserves your muscles while training and after training. 
That is why BCAA should be consumed before and after hard trainings. In my case I am skipping the "after" part, because my protein shake already has this acids and there is no need of double intake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment